DUBAI (NUT DESK) – United Arab Emirate’s Mohammed Naveed and Shaiman Anwar were both handed eight-year bans from all cricket by the ICC after being found guilty of corruption by an independent anti-graft tribunal in January. The bans are backdated to October 16, 2019, when they were provisionally suspended for attempting to fix matches at the ICC Men”s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019 in the UAE. Former UAE captain Naveed was also found guilty of breaking two counts of the Emirates Cricket Board corruption code in relation to the T10 league. “Naveed was the captain and leading wicket taker. Anwar was the opening bat. Both had long international careers and were well versed in the threat from match fixers,” said Alex Marshall, who heads up the International Cricket Council”s Integrity Unit, in a statement. “That they both chose to engage with this corrupt activity was a cynical betrayal of their positions, their teammates, and all supporters of UAE cricket. “This should serve as a warning to any cricketer who considers taking the wrong path.
42 schools closed in anti-Corona move in Peshawar
PESHAWAR (NUT DESK) – District administration on Tuesday sealed 42 schools in different localities on violation of anti-coronavirus Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The teams of district administration conducted inspections of various schools at Faqirabad, Hashtnagri, Lahori, Warsak Road, Gulbahar, and Zaryab Colony where 42 schools were sealed due to not following government notified SOPs. The sealed schools included Frontier Model, Warsak Public, Smart, Mashroom Montessori, International Tarbia, Lyceum and Al-Elum and others.
Punjab accidents toll touches 14 in last 24 hrs with 941 injuries
Lahore (NUT DESK) – At least 14 people were killed while 1,058 sustained injuries in 941 accidents in Punjab during the last 24 hours. A spokesman for the Rescue 1122 here on Tuesday, the analysis showed that 384 drivers, 33 underage drivers, 167 pedestrians, and 521 passengers were among the victims. The statistics showed that 279 accidents were reported in Lahore which affected 271 people placing the provincial capital top of the list followed by 79 in Faisalabad with 90 victims and third Multan with 53 accidents and 55 victims. As many as 796 motorcycles, 111 rickshaws, 90 cars, 44 vans, 10 buses, 30 trucks and 110 other vehicles besides slow-moving carts were involved in the accidents.
22 of world’s polluted cities are in India
Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Mongolia and Afghanistan in top 2020 ranking
PARIS (NUT DESK) – Twenty-two of the world´s more polluted cities are in India. Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Mongolia and Afghanistan topped the 2020 ranking, with average annual PM2.5 concentrations between 77 and 47 microgrammes per cubic metre (mcg/m3) of air. “Many parts of the world faced unprecedented but temporary improvements in air quality in 2020,” said a research report. Due to polluted environment average lifespan is cut 4.1 years in China, 3.9 years in India, and 3.8 years in Pakistan. In Europe, life expectancy is shortened by eight months. PM2.5 particles penetrate deep into the lungs and enter the bloodstream. Deadly small particle pollution in dozens of nations exceeded World Health Organization recommendations last year despite Covid lockdowns, according to a report released Tuesday. The partial or complete shutdown of transport and industry for months at a time in 2020 reduced average levels of so-called PM2.5 pollution across the world, including in major cities, the IQAir quality report found. Concentrations of the life-shortening particles — cast off by traffic pollution and burning fossil fuels — dropped 11 percent in Beijing, 13 percent in Chicago, 15 percent in New Delhi, 16 percent in London, and 16 percent in Seoul.
Banking services across India hit after strike over privatisation
NEW DELHI (NUT Desk) – India’s federal finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman Tuesday said that not all banks in the country will be privatised and during the privatisation interest of the employees will be protected. “Those banks which are likely to get privatised, the interest of every worker (staff member) will be protected. Interest of existing employees will be protected at all cost,” Sitharaman said while addressing a press conference about the Indian government’s decision to set up a Development Finance Institution (DFI) to generate funds for investment in the infrastructure sector. Sitharaman’s statement comes amid a two-day countrywide banking strike called by nine unions against the proposed privatisation of two public sector banks. Banking services across India were hit Tuesday for the second straight day in wake of the strike. The strike was called by United Forum of Bank Union (UFBU), an umbrella body of nine bank unions in India. According to UFBU, nearly a million bank employees participated in the protest and abstained from work. Due to the strike, services such as deposits and withdrawal at banks, cheque clearance and loan approvals would be affected. However, ATMs are likely to remain functional.
Israel discovers 6,000-year-old wrapped child skeleton
NUT (DESK) – Israeli archaeologists have discovered a 6,000-year-old skeleton of a female child, wrapped in a cloth and mummified, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) said on Tuesday. The skeleton and other rare findings were uncovered during a complex national operation in caves and cliffs in the southern Judean Desert, aimed at preventing looting of antiquities. The skeleton was found in the Cave of Horror near the Dead Sea. While moving two flat stones, the team discovered a shallow pit dug beneath them, containing the skeleton, placed in a fetal position. It was covered with cloth around its head and chest, like a small blanket, with the feet protruding from it, and a small bundle of cloth clutched in its hands. The skin, tendons, and even the hair were partially preserved. In another cave, the archaeologists found an old complete basket, dating back to the Pre-Pottery Neolithic period about 10,500 years ago, according to the IAA. The well-preserved 90-100 liter large basket, woven from plant material, was found with a lid, and was apparently used for storage. “The basket provides fascinating new data on the storage of products some 1,000 years before the invention of pottery,” the researchers noted. Additional findings, uncovered in the Cave of Horror, includes dozens of fragments of a biblical scroll, written in Greek, arrow and spearheads, woven fabric, sandals, lice combs, and a cache of rare coins, bearing Jewish symbols such as a harp and a date palm.
Experimental space-bred rice seeds sprout in China
NUT (DESK) – About 1,500 rice seeds have sprouted and grown leaves in a greenhouse in south China after returning from a journey to the moon last year. The seeds were planted in the greenhouse of the National Engineering Research Center of Plant Space Breeding of South China Agricultural University (SCAU). They are expected to be transplanted to fields at the end of this month. These rice seeds traveled more than 760,000 kilometers to the moon last November and returned to Earth on Dec. 17 after 23 days of flight aboard China’s Chang’e 5 lunar probe. The seeds were second-generation space-bred ones because their “parents” were also space-bred seeds. But the experiment on the Chang’e 5 probe is different from previous ones. It was the first such experiment conducted in a deep space environment. The space flight time was longer, and the probe encountered radiation in the Van Allen Belts and from sunspot activity, according to the center’s director Chen Zhiqiang. Stronger hereditary effects are expected to be produced in this experiment, as a deep space environment is more similar to a real space extreme environment, according to the center’s deputy director Guo Tao. It will help researchers learn how hereditary effects induced in deep space and a low-Earth orbit environment differ and provide important experimental samples and data for further research on mutation rules in space breeding, Guo said. The space-bred rice is expected to be harvested at the end of June.
BankIslami Wins 10th CSR Award: Social Impact and Sustainability Initiatives
Lahore (Muhammad Yasir) BankIslami, Pakistan’s leading Islamic Bank, earned the 10th International Corporate Social Responsibility Award in the categories of “Sustainability Initiatives” and “Social Impact” by fulfilling its vision of serving humanity the right way. .
The award is the first and only CSR Award initiative in Pakistan, registered with the IPO, Government of Pakistan, and was presented to BankIslami at a ceremony held recently in Karachi.
In order to serve its extensive customer base in the country as best it can, BankIslami relies on perspectives, skills and valuable insights from every aspect of the societal wavelength. With this target in mind, BankIslami continues to organize CSR initiatives around the country, staying true to its core values.
The prestigious awards were presented to BankIslami representatives Mr.ArifMehtab, at the ceremony held in Karachi. The event was attended by prominent personalities belonging to the corporate sector, government organizations, NGOs, academia, and a number of media organizations were also present.
BankIslami is the country’s first scheduled Islamic Bank with more than 340 branches spread across the country in 123 cities. The Bank specializes in RIBA-free products and services that are delivered to customers in the most efficient and user friendly manner.
Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR) – Fast Fun Fest Thrills at the 8th Hub Rally
Hub, Baluchistan – The 8th Toyota Hub Rally culminated here amidst huge fanfare after an exhilarating, adventure filled two days. Organised yearly under the Toyota Gazoo Racing umbrella, the Hub rally was sponsored by Indus Motor Company (IMC) in collaboration with the company’s dealer, Toyota Highway Motors. The event included the country’s renowned motorsports celebrities participating in the race, including women racers, who displayed their driving prowess to the tee.
Also at the event, the “Fast Fun Fest” organized by IMC was another crowd puller where motor enthusiasts got the opportunity to explore and unleash the adventure spirit of the Toyota Hilux Revo and Fortuner. Participants had a chance to enter a competition which required completing the track in minimum time.
The Rally route extended as far as the Gaddani coast where a 50 km track was prepared to excite off-roading aficionados. The total winning purse this time was more than Rs 2 million, doubled compared to 2020.
Commenting on the event, CEO IMC, Ali Asghar Jamali, said “First of all my congratulations to all the winners. I think everyone on the track did a wonderful job. Motorsports in Pakistan is a trend fast picking up pace. The thrill and the adrenalin rush the sport generates, is unmatched. At Toyota we call it the ‘waku-doki’ experience. I am happy to see that the turn out this year has been great, a welcome respite in the COVID-19 era”.
He added, “Toyota Gazoo Racing embodies Toyota’s commitment to overcoming every limit to make “ever-better” cars. The diversity of 4x4s, predominantly locally manufactured Toyotas, racing the tracks has been a visual spectacle. Over the years, the Rally has garnered considerable attention as more female rally drivers, sports stars, and celebrities joined the event. It was a proud moment to see that the women racers also participated with full enthusiasm and did really well.”
The introduction of motorsports in Pakistan has injected a new wave of excitement for rally drivers. Towards this end, the contributions of Shujaat Sherwani, CEO, Toyota Highway Motors, for the sport’s promotion are invaluable. His vision of the ‘Hub Rally’ concept has been key in the sport gaining popularity across the country at a rapid pace. IMC recently also sponsored the Cholistan Rally.
realme 7 Pro with 65W SuperDart charge now offered for PKR 49,999 only
Get ready to get your hands on the fastest charging smartphone in Pakistan, realme 7 Pro with 65W SuperDart charge now offered for PKR 49,999 only.
The young and trendsetting smartphone brand, realme works hard to bring the best quality phone at the best price for its fans. The brand had launched its fastest charging 65W SuperDart Charge phone, realme 7 Pro last year that became one of the best-selling smartphones from the brand in no time. realme has reduced the price for its fastest charging phone to only PKR 49,999 for its young audience.
The number series is one of the most selling smartphones from realme. realme 7 Pro was launched as the fastest charging phone in Pakistan with 65W SuperDart Charge. It charges the phone battery to a complete 100% in only 34 minutes. 7 Pro comes with high-end features such as the 64MP Quad Camera with the Sony IMX682 sensor and a 32MP In-display Selfie Camera with upgraded 64MP Pro Nightscape Mode to give ultra-Nightscape videos. It is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Mobile Platform and a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Fullscreen, making it trendy and up-to-date with the youth style. 7 Pro was the first smartphone to pass TÜV Rheinland Smartphone Reliability Verification.
realme’s number series is the flagship series from the brand that provides high-end features and the latest technology in a trendy style to its young audience. realme 7 Pro was a hot seller and was soon followed by realme 7i, the latest model from the number series to expand the horizons of success for the brand. The phones from the brand have always been accompanied by multiple AIoT and Category N products, promoting a trendy and youthful style of the customer.
With the ‘Dare to Leap’ vision, realme concentrates on the leap forward technology and cutting edge designs with enhanced software and inspiring hardware, enlightening the youth towards a more fashionable lifestyle. So get ready and do not miss this chance to grab your fastest charging realme 7 Pro at an exclusive price of only PKR 49,999 now before it sells out!


